September 11, 2012

My AV Revival.

What's left of my AV system, until recently. The Sony 29 inch Trinitron TV seen here plays host to Astro signal programs.

It's been more than two years since my AV system worked, upon the demise of my 50 inch back projection TV and DVD player. The rest of the system that remained was a Marantz AV receiver and mono power amps, plus all my Bose speakers including an old Velodyne 10 inch sub that maketh my 5.1 surround sound system, all of which was installed in year 2003!

I never got around to revamping my AV system because I've set two conditions which needs to be met before I can proceed to re-assemble another AV system. Just what are the conditions?

1) Prices of big screens(60 inches and above) becomes available at prices from RM$6k or below.
2) Blu-ray players becomes available at prices from about RM$500 or so.

That fateful day came during the KLIAV 2012 show, where most major distributors were clearing last year's models in the bargain corner, and both conditions were met. I was in AV shopping mode!

So what did I get and do to revive my AV project?

Stay tuned to find out.

No comments: