April 26, 2010

Announcing the Winner of the CMY Wadia 170iTransport Competition


Well, finally, here it is! After a couple of weeks of deliberation, Team CMY has chosen the winner.

Our "A Wadia 170iTransport for Your iThoughts" competition ran the whole month of March. We received a total of 9 submissions. Out those we received each week, we chose one to be shortlisted for CMY's consideration.

(DRUM ROLLS...... DRUM ROLLS.......)
CMY chose the week 2 entry from W.S.Woon as the final winner, citing its family orientation and the fact the Wadia is something to be enjoyed by the entire family. These are also values that are pretty much close to their heart.

Prize giving will be arranged for middle of May. We are pleased to re-produce the winning article here:

"Seeing the brand Wadia now is like taking a trip down memory lane. It was almost 10 years ago but I can still see the excitement on my father’s face when he set up his first “high-end” audio system, Wadia 6.

Back then, I could not understand the significance of having a “high end” audio system as we already had a few CD players at home. What puzzled me even more was the fact that you need to dedicate an entire room to fully appreciate the sound system.

I asked my dad, “What makes this CD player so great?” He said, listening to music is never the same when you could hear every single detail, lively, natural & warmness of sound which made a song great.

I may not comprehend the meaning of “quality sound”, but I remember the warmness of its sound brought a homely type of feeling to our house. For my dad and I, listening to the soothing sound of his audio system provided us a certain peace of mind. It was so relaxing that I lost track how many times I fell asleep in that room and I hope this natural soothing sound would past on to my next generation as well. The feeling of mental relaxation through great sound is what Wadia symbolizes to me."

4 comments:

Capernaum Creative Solutions Inc. said...

Congratulations Woon.

Big E said...

Congrats to WS Woon!

To the others whom submited, better luck next time.

Thanks to all who responded with an entry to our first sponsored competition.

We have received feed back that the competition rules are too rigid, hence the less than enthusiastic response. We'll try to make things less complicated the next time round.

We hear ya'll.

maggielurva 愛美姬 said...

big e,
not many can write long essay la! it is far easier if you ask them to shoot a creative photo of the wadia, don't you think? just a suggestion. since most people have digicam these days.

Big E said...

ML,

Great idea! Will think of something else next. Thanks.